My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Friday 10 August 2012

Those were the days!

Morning, my lovely blog buddies!
Another gorgeous day here on the Yorkshire Coast.....maybe
Summer's here at last! Today I wanted to share this fab little digi from 
Nutcrafters....it reminded me of my childhood (many years ago)
 when the Summer really was Summer! I lived in a cul-de-sac
 and we would play out all day long! Many's a time we would
 have ourselves a lemonade table and sell glasses to the Mum's 
coming home from the shops then
refill and do the same for all the Dads coming home from work!
I'm sure all the cups had bits of grass and probably a few
dead flies (eugh!!) in them but nobody minded!
Ooooh, enough reminiscing for me....makes me realise just
how fast the years are rolling by!
Rightio, off the tidy up then enjoy the garden for a while, might
even have a BBQ tonight......any excuse not to cook lol!
Have a lovely day friends, see you soon!
Jo x

anything goes at Craft Your Passion
outdoors at Daisy Doodles
Summer fun at Truly Madly Crafty
die cuts and/or punches at Whoopsi Daisy
Summer days at Anything goes
use a digi at Crafts & me


21 comments:

  1. So lovely and summery, loving the fence! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card the image is just stunning and the theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely summery card with a great image.
    Thanks for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fab Jo! what a wonderful scene you've created… love the image and papers and the fence is just perfect!
    I've notice when I am looking at all the fab entries in my Summer Challenge.. so many of them take me right back to wonderful childhood Summers.. they were so much better back then… and definitely not as humid !! LOL
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hope you have a great weekend hun!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card, I love the little scene you have created and that fence die is one of my favourites.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scene and great card.
    Thanks for joining us at CYP.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous jo.i love the fab image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jo, I like the sweet image, the fence and the ribbon.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card Jo and such a great image too to remeber those days with. It's been lovely this side of yorkshire too at the moment
    hope you have a good weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a fabulous card Jo and your memories are fabulous - what a lovely way to recollect them and put them on a card - have afabulous weekend! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Jo Hun this is gorgeous ,love that image and I adore the scene you have created its just so effective love it,
    bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take some lemonade...lol Cute and adorable. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely Jo, the image is delightful and I love the scene you have created.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Jo, a great scene. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, love your card, the colours are great and love the image, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, what lovely memories Jo! Gorgeous card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super card Jo it's lovely hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab card!!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jo, fab card! Love the memories as well - never did anything like that in our house (overprotective parents!!) but would've liked to have.

    I think summer might have been with us the last few days - but we are forecast rains again next week!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card Jo,love it...What lovely memories,like you I to lived in a cul-de-sac and we would play out all day,skipping or hopscotch.....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww what sweet memories of summer and your card sure captures a moment in time! Love the little boy image and the fab outdoors you have created with the designer paper grass,the clouds and the fence. Wonderfully done!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...