My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Thursday 5 September 2013

My little (big) book of Christmas!

Morning friends.....hope you're all well!
Another bright but cool Autumn like morning here today.....and I love it!
I'm sharing my "Little (big) book of Christmas" today.....I make one 
of these every year, usually in the Summer hols but what with
illness etc., I've not managed it until yesterday! I use it for all things 
Christmas.......recipes, present lists, things to make & do......absolutely
anything to do with Christmas.......it'll be packed full of snippets & cuttings
 & things before long! It's A4 in size and usually is really traditional
....that's how I like Christmas....but this time I've gone for purple
 & black........Miss Rebecca's fav colours!
Rightio, thanks for calling today.....and for any comments you might leave
.........off to fill a few pages in my book!
Hope your day's a good one!
xx
here's what I used:
A4 hardback notebook
papers - DCWV
snowflake border - EK Success punch
large snowflake - Sizzix die
doily - Die-namics die
precious stars - Memory Box
snowmen embellies, ribbons & gems, - stash
a challenge (or two)
2 backing papers @ A Gem of a Challenge
texture @ Totally Gorjuss
anything goes @ 613 Avenue Create
snowflakes @ Created with Love
Christmas makes @ Creative Creations
use your dies @ Through the Purple Haze
snowmen @ Ladybug Crafts
anything goes @ Papertake Weekly
Christmas @ C.R.A.F.T

30 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, what a good idea! love the purple. Hope you're well!
    xxxxxxxxx
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jo, I love the colours and wonderful detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling project. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our Christmas Snowflakes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour scheme very untraditional and a great idea love it I can't believe how fast this year has gone do you think it's an age thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab project love the colours too, Thanks so much for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my second visit to your site! I really enjoy your article and I believe Ill become a frequent visitor to your site! I enjoy your in depth posts about this subject and I enjoy the fact you are so knowledgeable about this subject. Thanks for your time.
    Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing | Dreambox Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. superb book Jo - really cool idea - you are Mrs Christmas you know! Lol!!! Glad you're enjoying the cooler weather too! Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! So many things to track and plan for in the Christmas season.
    Fun to see you including the non traditional colours lately! Miss Rebecca is encouraging you to explore your darker side...you did say earlier in another post that you have a dark side too...fun to see it emerging!

    Hope you are feeling a wee bit better...we are jet lagged here and dragging our butts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use purple for your Christmas book. The snowman is adorable. Love the intricate die cuts. Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cover JO, love those deep purples....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea...Love the papers & wonderful snowman...I think I may need to make one of these to keep on top of things...Love it!! Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow oh wow....fantastic i just love the colour and everything about it...Thanks for joining us.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful book and a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is fabulous jo, a really fab idea :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab idea and it looks gorgeous... I'm nowhere near that organised unfortunately! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute book. Love those snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges for our Snowflakes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this purple Christmas book! It is very creative and beautiful! I would love to have book like this for organizing my Christmas ideas. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so lovely & my fav colour too. Thanks so much for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs
    Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is beautiful, love the ribbons on it. Color is so pretty an I am not a purple lover but this is very pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks fabulous Jo and such a great idea. Hope you have been feeling better lately and the kids have settled back into school etc
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous and I love all the purple!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fantastic card! I love the colours you used. Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. An unusual colour for christmas but i can imagine as it is your christmas book it will be easy to find.love the colours...Many thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges and we look forward to seeing you again soon...Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for joining in the Christmas challenge at CRAFT Challenges.

    Loving this great idea...wonder what you will fill it with....

    Good luck
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome creation! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Snowflakes Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  28. aw lovely colours and a Lovely Card, Thanks for joining in Creative Creations Challenges, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a great idea Jo...I usually have bits of paper all over the place so I might just borrow your idea. The purple and black are a great alternative color combo. Thanks for joining in our Winter Wonderland challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a marvellous idea to make a little booklet to hold those Christmas ideas and to do lists etc. I usually just use and old scribbler or whatever is available. This is much more organized and can be kept for future reference down the road. LOVE IT!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...