My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Thursday 10 September 2015

Little Book of Christmas 2015

Morning lovelies......hope you're all feeling good & having a good week!
Well, Miss Rebecca is finally back at school today after a long 8 week Summer
 break.......and you know what that means.......time to Countdown to Christmas!!!! 
As usual, I start our countdown with my Little Book of Christmas 2015....my place
to record any & all things Christmas as I plan for the Big Day! This time it's A4 in
size, last year's A5 was just a little bit too small.
So I started by giving the book a coat of Gesso, I used blue & green acrylic paint,
a couple of stencils, I stamped onto tissue.....scrunched it all up & then added that.
The tree was made with lots of scraps onto a kraft card base....the trunk, gifts & star
are kraft card too. Once everything was dry I used my C'Aran d'Ache pastels to
outline & then used a damp paint brush to smudge. I finished with some ribbon, die cut
letters, die cut stars,  paper twine & a coat of crackle paint on the star.
So that's it.....I hope you like my book.....and maybe it'll inspire you to make your own
 Little Book of Christmas....
if it does do let me know......I'd love to see it. Thanks for calling today......see you soon!
xx

challenges
anything goes at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long
anything goes at Crafty Catz
add a sentiment/letters at Winter Wonderland
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
#67 at The Glory of Christmas
#18 at We Love 2 Create
#5 at A Snowflake's Promise
use a die at Holly Jolly
get ready for Christmas at Crafting by Design

12 comments:

  1. Love it Jo !! My word you must have alot to do for Christmas having to go up a size !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jo this is GORGEOUS! I love the texture and detail and that tree looks amazing! I NEED one of these and yes you HAVE inspired me to make my own! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and turned out great too. Love the texture and the tree looks amazing created with scraps.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy jinglebells Jo this is fabulous!! Love everything about it. I am a list writer so I really should make myself a Christmas book, what a fabulous idea!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, really love this creation and all the fab details. x {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Jo - this is fabulous - every year I see you do these and every year I think 'what a good ' idea ' - and then I don't manage to copy you - I suspect this year won't be the time to remedy that - but maybe next year???? Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea! Not only useful, but absolutely gorgeous! I really like how you made the tree and that beautiful textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fabulous, I LOVE it.
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est superbe Jo, quelle créativité, j'adore l'assemblage de toutes ces couleurs, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...