My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Monday 7 September 2015

Mixed Media Monday #4

Morning crafty bloggers.......hope you're all well & had a lovely weekend.
We had the laziest of weekends & while it's nice once in a while it'll be great 
once the boys & Miss B are all back at College/School later on this week....
then I think we'll enjoy the weekends much more.
So as you might know........I've dedicated Monday to Mixed Media.... there's much
 I want to learn & I figured if I dedicated a day to it you lovely lot might come
along & learn with me & we can maybe share some hints & tips as we go.
So today's piece was actually my 2nd attempt....I wanted to see how the ink
would run if I sprayed it directly onto a gesso'd canvas. It did run slightly but if
 I sprayed some water onto the canvas it worked much better. I think my 
problem was I was trying to be too precise & neat......once I let myself just go
with it I was pretty chuffed with the result & had fun......hence the words:
REMEMBER TO PLAY!
So I started with a blank canvas, sprayed lightly with water then sprayed with
my chosen inks, tipped it slightly then the best part......watching the colours
 run.....and you can just keep spraying til you're happy! I dried it with the heat
gun & while still damp I sprinkled some glitter over the whole thing.....oh my
gosh, when the light catches it it looks so pretty! I then added the die cut
butterfly, the sentiment & finished with a few gems.
Hope you like it........and don't forget to leave me a comment so I can come
visit you too......thanks for calling!
xx
ingredients
canvas - the Works
inks - Dylusion Sprays
sentiment - Tim Holtz chit chat
butterfly - Cheery Lynn die
gems - stash
challenges
anything goes at Papertake Weekly
anything goes at Crafting by Designs
anything goes at Inspiration Destination
anything goes at Crafty Catz
anything goes at Creative Artiste
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
anything goes at Eclectic Ellapu

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Jo -beautiful colours - hope everyone enjoys being back at School. My lad goes back tomorrow and so do I lol - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jo...love it and why don't you enter into the new mixed media challenge, it's perfect...the link is on my blog as you know.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation. I saw even an angel in it.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo love your mixed media creation, lovely design and detail, our children went back to school last week.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OO! Jo I love this. I am just getting inky this morning!
    Hugs,
    Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jo, such beautiful bright colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous colours Jo and a beautiful canvas you have there. Not had time to play yet.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of sprays and gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us over at http://kezzascraft.blogspot.com.au
    Hugs
    Kerry(DT)
    http://kezzascraft.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Jo fabulous colour's thank you for joining us this week over on Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
    Dianne xx :)
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Jo, love it! I've a busy week and weekend ahead but I will try to play along with you when I can. It's a typical thing that I'm in the mood to get mucky but we've plans that we need to keep to, grr!
    I've got to have a word with DH too so that I can get some stains or sprays, I'm liking the look of the stains more at the moment as I can 'control' them a bit more than sprays. TFS Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://welove2create.blogspot.nl/ Thank you for joining into the fun at the We Love To Create Challenge BLog, love it xxx Hugs Terry and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love this... So bright and cheerful. The gems really add to it too. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Jo, such wonderful colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous canvas Jo. Such gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo What a lovely colour combo so bright and cheeful love it
    the best pieces come when you just let it happen, hope you're all well
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely work here Jo - I adore the colours - hoping to join in with the fairy ATC swap too - hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely work here Jo - I adore the colours - hoping to join in with the fairy ATC swap too - hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Jo awesome... thanks for joining in our challenge, our very first challenge with your wonderful creation....we do hope you will continue to join in the fun...
    {Where The Heart Is  DT}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Jo, I really loved reading the process you went through, and yes it is surprising what your end result is when you letyourself just play... Thank you for joining in with the September challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck
    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Jo and such a gorgeous background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks fabulous Jo and beautiful colours. The effects of the spray drips are wonderful. That is what mixed media is about- just playing and finding out what if.......?
    Hope everyone settles back into school etc well
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning sweetie, I just love your gorgeous creation today, happy smiles love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely creation.

    Thank you for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Catz.

    Good luck

    Tracey GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful canvas!! Love the colors.. The butterfly is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us at Where The HeART Is.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie
    Where The HeART Is DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. The colours in your creation are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining our September challenge
    Debbie (DT) xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks great to me. I LOVE playing with mixed media stuff . . . but have only recently ventured onto canvas.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely creation Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu and I hope we see you again soon!
    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous canvas -love the colours and beautiful butterfly--Thank you for joining us at Where The Heart Is
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...