My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Monday 6 October 2014

Trash or Treasure?

Morning crafters, hope you're well!
It's a cold, dark morning here.......and I love it, the next few months
are my favourite time of the year...........I'm so not a Summer person lol!
Today I'm sharing a couple of ATC' s I made as part of a swap group
I'm in on Facebook.....my swap partner doesn't have a blog so I think it'll be  ok
 to show them now. The theme was 'MEN' and I was inspired by the junk I
 found in the kitchen drawer! Yep, the kitchen drawer.....I was clearing it out 
one day wondering why on earth there was an assortment of odd screw,
 washers, plugs, etc., when one of my sons said 'Don't throw them away, I need 
them'! Looked like a load of old rubbish to me, hence the title I chose:
'One man's trash is another man's treasure'
I started with the ATC sized card of 3.5 x 2.5 inches, slapped on the Gesso,
 added bits of sandpaper, builders tape, webbing, some die cut cogs & all
 the bits from the drawer! I gave it all another coat of Gesso then used 
 mica paints & some spray inks til I got the colourI wanted. I made an inky,
 painty, sticky mess but heck, I didn't half enjoy making them lol!
Rightio, my friends......I'm off to get the jobs done.....whatever you're
up to have a lovely day......thanks for calling!
xx
challenges
anything but a card at Charisma Cardz
anything but a card at Creative Corner
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create

23 comments:

  1. How fab Jo! Love all the texture and the metallic look of them. I think I have a few drawers like that!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the colour and fab texture.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woweee Jo what fab mini works of art !! When I first saw the photo I thought they were steampunk book covers !! Just fab !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super work of art Jo, I bet you had fun making these, they are gorgeous.x.. xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous. I love all the detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. JO these are fabulous and what a great way to display your junk....love the way you've used your embellishements..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we've all got a drawer like that somewhere in the house. I think I may have two! lol I love these ATCs and I'm going to have a go but I have no idea what Gesso is so I'm going to have to Google. They're brilliant. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Jo - these are AMAZING - they just look like metal pieces - fabulous artwork. Im like you, I'm not a summer person at all and I love this time of year too - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Well I bet you're glad now that your son asked you not to throw out all those little bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow Jo!!! these are SO cool… LOVE the textures… and what a fab array of men's bit and bobs!! Sorry that sounds rude :-0 but you know what I mean!! the trash and treasure is such a great concept for your MEN theme! :-))
    I love this time of year too…. I'm definitely not a Summer person either!! Lol
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant makes, love what you have done with these.
    Oh! dear so unlike you, it is almost time for me to go into "hibernation".... I HATE the long, dark days with a passion.
    However the world would be a funny place if we were all the same.
    Enjoy your evening

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tags Jo. I like the Autumn but not the Winter so much. Love a nice Summer's Day, not too hot but warm enough to walk out without a coat. Just goes to show how different we all are. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome creation and the perfect title!!! love the metallic look and how you used the old junk so creatively!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look fabulous Jo...I think we all have one of those drawers somewhere! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pieces of art, yes I think a lot of us have drawers with these sort of things in them. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Jo these look so fabulous and I see you are really getting into the inky messy side of crafting and doing a fabulous job. Your partner will love this swap!!
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow This sounds like a lot of fun and looks great too. I know all about bits and pieces like that popped into kitchen drawers as my husband was a real handy man never parted with a screw bolt or washer bent or rusty.
    hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful little mini works of art. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a brilliant work of art!!! I bet it was great seeing it come together Jo.
    Had a quick look at what I have missed :)) always gorgeous creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm So not a Summer person either. I just Love Fall. Your Projects is Awesome. A true piece of art. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning Jo, fantastic designs and amazing detail.hugs Julie x xxw

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our 'Anything but a Card' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...